Finding the Best Travel Guitar of 2020
What is the Best Travel Guitar of 2020?
Are you a frequent traveler? Do you also love engaging yourself with light music as you travel around and create new stories? If you anwsered yes to these questions, and you love to play the guitar, keep on reading! Today we want to take a look at the best travel guitar of 2020. The best travel guitar has many features that make it easy to carry and use while traveling. First and foremost, it is made with lightweight yet strong materials making it easy for packing and storing. It also has full scale playing properties with the necessary strings and scale length. There are electric and acoustic guitar products that are highly enhanced. Here is a simple guide encapsulating the reviews of some of the best products in this regard.
Our Top Picks for the Best Travel Guitar of 2020
Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light Electric Guitar Review – The Best Electric Travel Guitar
- Full 24 3/4" Scale electric travel Guitar
- Fits in airline overhead bins. Only 3 lbs. 2 oz. & 28" Long!
- One-piece Eastern American hard Maple neck-through-body design
When we think about travel electric guitar, the first thing that comes up in our mind is its solid body yet ultra weight feature!! This is our favorite pick for the best travel guitar that is electic. It is convenient because of its compact nature. Let us read about them in a little detail.
Features of the Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light Electric Guitar:
- Standard In – body Tuning System relocated into the body; eliminates the requirement of the headstock
- Compatible with dual-rail humbucker pick up and standard ¼ inch output; helps to plug into any amp or recording device easily
- Full-scale playing experience as compared to a standard guitar
- Adjustable tune – o – Matic style for high pitch tune
Pros of the Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light Electric Guitar:
- One-piece neck through body compact design; Right-handed in usage
- Weighs just slightly higher than 3 pounds and 28 inches long; makes it easy for travel and fits easily on airline overhead bins
- Black Walnut Fretboard gives a fashionable look
- Lap rest is detachable for easy storage; includes a gig bag
Cons of the Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light Electric Guitar:
- Frequent tuning is required
Traveler 6-String Acoustic Guitar Review – A Reliable Acoustic Travel Guitar
- Full 24 3/4" Scale acoustic-electric travel guitar
- Fits in airline overhead bins. Only 28 in. Long!
- Eastern American hard Maple neck-through Body
This travel acoustic guitar is one of the smallest, compact and convenient travel guitar found in the market. It is a remarkable product that is recommended by most of the travel musicians in the world today. Let us get into the details of this product to know more about this product. Here are some of the features of why we think it is one of the best travel guitars.
Features of the Traveler 6-String Acoustic Guitar:
- It is 31% shorter and 43% lighter than a standard guitar system; however, offers a fullscale guitar playing experience
- Built with shadow acoustic piezo pickup and standard ¼ inch output; ensures plugging into any device with varied amp
- It is enhanced in quality and strength; durable for long term usage
- Compact In – body tuning system rearranged into the body to replace headstock
Pros of the Traveler 6-String Acoustic Guitar:
- Black Walnut Style and unique antique brown color makes a guitar look graceful
- Suits right-handed players
- It weighs less than about 40 pounds and around 30 inches long to make packing and traveling easy
- Also has a detachable lap rest for storing it easily like on airline overhead bins
Cons of the Traveler 6-String Acoustic Guitar:
Slightly difficult to slide it as required whether up or down due to very less weight
Yamaha SLG200S Steel String Silent Guitar Review – The Best Silent Guitar
- Authentic plugged-in sound by SRT Powered
- Unique, striking looks
- Super-compact, collapsible construction
This guitar product is a complete bundle of necessary accessories in the right composition. It works well according to your needs and suits for a comfortable journey at the same time. It comes with a good travel guitar case that suffices safe storage. First and foremost, I think this travel guitar looks super cool. Going further, let us read more about the features that make this one of the best travel guitars.
Features of the Yamaha SLG200S Steel String Silent Guitar:
- Comes in line with the SLG silent guitar and is SRT powered; to recreate the body resonance
- Can easily reproduce the sound of a guitar recorded on a microphone
- There is a clip-on tuner that is very easy to use and helps keep the instrument set in tune
- The convenient strap comes along with the product to let you comfortably stand and use the product
Pros of the Yamaha SLG200S Steel String Silent Guitar:
- Unique Yamaha designed Reverb and Chorus Effects
- Collapsible body construction makes it convenient to pack and store
- Lightweight in nature as it weighs just 10 pounds; detachable top portion makes it easy to take during travel
Cons of the Yamaha SLG200S Steel String Silent Guitar:
- Suits professional players; can produce uneven sound if not played rightly
Cordoba Mini II MH Product Review – Our Favorite Beginner Travel Guitar
- Comfortable 1/2 size guitar, with standard tuning
- Layered Mahogany top, back and sides
- Nub one nut, 1. 875" Width
When considering what makes for the best travel guitar you would think usage and highly comfortable to play. The Cordoba Mini II is all of that and has the best features bundled in one go. It should be effective for playing all the unique tunes for practicing hard. This mini travel guitar is ideal for beginners to learn and use.
Features of the Cordoba Mini II MH Product Review:
- Comfortably designed ½ size guitar with all the necessary standard tuning patterns for varied trials
- The scale length is fixed at 22.875”; perfectly tunes to standard E
- It has a small profile; however, has a deeper body for a profound tone close to the exact nylon string guitar
- Mahogany woods give a uniquely mellow and a soothing sound
Pros of the Cordoba Mini II MH Product Review:
- One of the most graceful looks for the guitar category; mahogany layered top, back and on all the sides; C Profile Mahogany on the neck for better capture
- Satin polyurethane material gives a distinguishing finish on the body and neck
- Extremely mini and light in weight for easy transportation; weighs 2.34 pounds
Cons of the Cordoba Mini II MH Product Review:
Metal dividers for playing on the guitar are slightly sharp; can hurt if not used carefully
Martin Steel-String Backpacker Travel Guitar Review – Our Favorite Acoustic Travel Guitar
- Solid Spruce Top
- Solid Tonewood Back and Sides
- Unique Contour Neck Shape
This is a unique travel guitar with a different design for backpackers. If you are an avid traveler and a person loves playing some music by the campfire on in a hostel; then this is just the right product for you. You can just carry it wherever you need and play it at your convenience. Let us look into the details to know more about why we consider the Martin Steel-String Backpacker Guitar in the discussion of the best travel guitar of the year.
Features of the Martin Steel-String Backpacker Travel Guitar:
- The scale length is fixed at 24” in order to get similar with the standard guitars available in the market
- Has 15 frets to get engaged with different tones of music
- Made up of unique and solid tonewood on the back and sides as well
- Straps can handle a heavy neck; the sound is just phenomenal with the strings
Pros of the Martin Steel-String Backpacker Travel Guitar:
- There is a unique contour neck shape design that makes it easy to fit for travel especially a backpacker
- There is also a solid spruce top that gives extra comfort and grip
- Weighs less; close to 5.3 pounds for easy storing, packaging and traveling
Cons of the Martin Steel-String Backpacker Travel Guitar:
- Slightly hard to hold; takes time to get used to it
Martin LXK2 Little Martin Koa Pattern Guitar Review – The Best Mini Travel Guitar
- "1-style" Sitka spruce bracing
- Martin's patented neck mortise
- C.F. Martin script logo on headstock
This small travel guitar is just ideal for beginners and children who want to experience learning at comfort. It perfectly suits children playing with their small hands. Let us look into the details of this product to know why we suggest it as the best travel guitar for kids.
Features of the Martin LXK2 Little Martin Koa Pattern Guitar:
- Martin body features are known for a wood pattern HPL top for stability
- 23” scale to set it at prime with standard guitar types
- Has patented neck mortise and the Stratabond material modified for low – oval back for ensured reliability
- Gotoh nickel-plated tuners for remarkable sound patterns
Pros of the Martin LXK2 Little Martin Koa Pattern Guitar:
- The hand orientation is ambidextrous for peoples’ convenience
- It has a gig bag that is heavily padded for a secure storage
- Travel with ease and comfort with this product
Cons of the Martin LXK2 Little Martin Koa Pattern Guitar:
- Action is found to be slightly higher
If you are looking for a simple product with perfect standards to ensure durability, then this is certainly a great travel guitar for your needs. Because of its size, we think this is the best travel guitar for kids.
Taylor BT2 Baby Taylor Acoustic Guitar Review
- 6-string Acoustic Guitar with Mahogany Top
- Layered Sapele Back
- Sides - Natural
Our final suggestion for the best travel guitar is classic Baby Taylor acoustic guitar that has many upgraded features. It is delicate in its performance and extremely clear in its music patterns. The sound of this guitar is phenomenol. Beginners can start learning their music lessons from this product, so it’s not necessary a sole travel guitar. Let us go ahead and check the details going forward.
Features of the Taylor BT2 Baby Taylor Acoustic Guitar:
- Little guitar with loud sound patterns just like full-sized guitars
- Scales are loaded with clarity at its best; very smooth frets make notes cling rightly as you perform
- Rightly sized for any person with an average height
- Sapele laminate sides and on the neck and back with mahogany top gives an elegant look
Pros of the Taylor BT2 Baby Taylor Acoustic Guitar:
- Weighs light (close to 4 pounds), an appropriate travel size guitar that is easy to pack; soft travel case for added protection
- Consists of 6 strings with mesmerizing sound clarity
- Very light tensions on the strings; ensures considerable durability
Cons of the Taylor BT2 Baby Taylor Acoustic Guitar:
- Buzzing noise on higher notes observed
If you want to be playing some mesmerizing musical notes at hostels around the world, this is the best travel guitar for that.
Hofner HCT – SHB – BK – O Shorty Electric Travel Bass Guitar Review – The Best Travel Bass
- Travel Bass
- Full Scale Neck
- Hot Pickup
This travel bass is one of the well-featured options for bass music. It is solid and at the same time very handy to carry it around. You can practice and experience extreme fun with this product at a night party. Let us look at some of the important features that make this travel bass special.
Features of the Hofner HCT – SHB – BK – O Shorty Electric Travel Bass Guitar:
- The scale length is 32”; however it is close to the full-size scale when seen as a comparison
- Designed with round wound strings that keep the tunes right and sharp
- Heavier strings compared to regular strings; the sound is remarkable
- Guitar just requires a quick set up as far as action and intonation is concerned
Pros of the Hofner HCT – SHB – BK – O Shorty Electric Travel Bass Guitar:
- Small and lightweight in nature; can carry it wherever possible
- Maple neck and sleek body gives a scintillating look
- Shoulder strap makes it convenient to hold; gig bag protects it at any cost
Cons of the Hofner HCT – SHB – BK – O Shorty Electric Travel Bass Guitar:
- Fret level can be much better
If you are in the market for the best travel bass guitar, then this is certainly the finest choice.
Buying Guide For Finding the Best Travel Guitar or Bass
It is always important that you seek professional advice before purchasing a valuable product. It is essential we get the basic facts and details in place so that we can choose the best travel guitar. This is necessary because there are innumerable products that are available in the market. For example, in the case of finding the best travel guitar, we have varied products each one special in its own way. Here is a simple guide that helps you purchase the best travel guitar.
Tips for Traveling with a Guitar
- Ensure that when you first purchase a travel guitar it comes with appropriate accessories
- Choose a product that can be easily and securely folded for lighter packing
- Loosen the strings before you travel and make sure you keep it with altering the parts
- Do not keep any sharp items close to your guitar as you pack them in your bag
- Get a good quality case that can securely carry your guitar for long hours
- If you are planning to fly, humidify the guitar so that it does not get damaged
What are some features of the Best travel guitar?
- A very simple and lightweight guitar makes it easy to pack and carry it wherever required
- Quick folding and detachable parts ensure it is quick while packing it for travel
- Relatively small in size makes it easy for us to take it and stroll around
- Having said all these, it is important they are able to produce the full-scale experience and loud sound with good clarity
- It should be a durable product that does not get damaged during travel; good quality material needs to be deployed
Travel Guitar Cases
There are gig bags that suit packing in any kind of travel. It is made out of soft material making it easy to carry it and also protect it at the same time. It ensures good impact protection and is cost-effective too.
There are also hard guitar cases made up of cardboard and wood as well. It is also lightweight and easy to carry. It ensures sufficient protection. It is cost-effective and ensures necessary humidification and protection from dust.
Molded guitar cases are ideal. They are molded in a fair and decent way to fix the guitar rightly into the case. It is made up of ABS plastic generally. It can prevent dust from affecting the product. It also provides good protection against temperature and humidity.
Travel Guitar Types
As discussed in detail we have different types of travel guitars. To mention them here:
- Electric Guitars
- Acoustic Guitars
- Bass Guitars
Travel Guitar Sizes
- Travel Guitars are available in varied sizes.
- Mini guitars for children designed with ½ and ¾ sizes.
- Travel guitars that weigh approximately 3 pounds
- Classical Guitars are the standard guitar types with a fullscale length of 34”
- Concert and Grand Concert guitars are bigger versions with steel strings
- Auditorium Guitars are the ultimate type with a balanced tone and enhanced finger and flat pick.
There are also Orchestra guitars that have been used for large scale usage in musical shows.
Our Final Verdict on the Best Travel Guitar and Travel Bass of 2020
We have seen some of the basic concepts that make the best travel guitar. It is a great way to enjoy your travel experience. We have listed some of the best products and reviewed them for your convenience. So, what are you waiting for? Just go ahead purchasing the finest in the market right now!!
Best Travel Guitar 2020 References:
- “What Are Travel Guitars?” – https://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-travel-guitars.htm#didyouknowout
- “Palm Guitar – World’s smallest electric guitar” – http://www.palmguitar.net/v1
- “Travel Guitar” – https://travelerguitar.com/
- “Journey Instruments” – https://journeyinstruments.com/
- “Guitar History Facts” – http://www.guitarhistoryfacts.com/guitar-facts/interesting-facts-about-guitars/