Finding The Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100 Dollars
The 7 Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100 Dollars
Have you scheduled a backpacking trip after many years and you and your friends are now counting down the days till it’s here? But there’s one small problem, you aren’t sure if you have the right equipment for the camping part. We hear you, we do. That’s why we have written this article to help you find the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars and make your trip planning less stressful.
If you thought you will need to break a bank to order yourself a sleeping bag for your next camping trip, be assured that you don’t! There is a world of choice for quality sleeping bags, so finding the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars can offer you a lot of different options.
If you’re looking for the best value, pair your sleeping bag with the best budget backpacking tent of 2020.
Expert Comparison Table of the Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100 Dollars
If you want to skip the reviews, here is a comparison table of the best backpacking sleeping bags under 100 dollars:
Our Top Picks for the Best Sleeping Bag Under 100 Dollars
Top Pick #1: The Best Sleeping Bag Under 100 – Redcamp Flannel Sleeping Bag Review
- Larger size and Softer Material: Size is 75"x33"/190cm x 84cm. Perfect REDCAMP sleeping bag flannel for adults of 6 feet in tall. High-quality and durable 210T polyester ripstop fabric, waterproof and stands up to years of use. Constructed of soft flannel liner and rebounded hollow cotton fiber increase warmth and comfort.
- Temperature Range: 2lbs filling cotton lined adult sleeping bag is comfort in 59°F/15°C and fits temperature range 50-77°F/10 - 25°C.3lbs filling sleeping bags is comfort in 50°F/10°C and fits temperature range 41-68°F/5-20 °C. 4lbs filling sleeping bags is comfort in 41°F/5°C, and fits temperature range in 32-59°F/0 - 15°C. Females are recommended to choose the thicker sleeping bags.
- Reverse Zipper: 2-way zippers that right or left-hand zippers allow for 2 flannel sleeping bags for camping to be attached together.
Our first option for the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 is the Redcamp sleeping bag. The first thing we realized about this one is how good looking it was! Of course, good looks cannot take things too far, so we decided to put this product to test. This warm and comfortable sleeping bag will bowl you over with its large size, soft lining material, and durability.
Features of the Redcamp Flannel Sleeping Bag:
- Has soft and warm cotton flannel lining
- Suitable for all seasons
- Made with 210 T Polyester ripstop fabric
- Has rebound hollow cotton fabric filling
- Features reverse zippers which help to attach two similar sleeping bags together.
- Includes backpack with adjustable and sturdy woven straps to compact tie and store when, not in use
- Lightweight so can be carried everywhere you go.
Pros of the Redcamp Flannel Sleeping Bag:
- Long enough for adults 6 feet and taller
- Three inches more wide than most sleeping bags
- Versatile and can be used indoors and outdoors.
Cons of the Redcamp Flannel Sleeping Bag:
- The backpack may seem a little heavier than most and may take time to learn how to fold and compress.
This product is a steal. Believe us when we say this sleeping bag will stand up to years with you. The cherry on top is the amazing money-back guarantee and very friendly support staff.
Top Pick #2: The Best 2 Person Sleeping Bag Under 100 – TETON Sports Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag Review
- COMFORTABLE SLEEPING BAG FOR ADULTS: Soft lining; Half-circle mummy style hood keeps you warm and your pillow clean; Unzips at the top or bottom for easy access and ventilation; For camping in 3 seasons
- NEVER ROLL YOUR SLEEPING BAG AGAIN: TETON provides a great compression sack for stuffing your sleeping bag; Start at the bottom and stuff the bag in, then tighten the heavy-duty straps
- STAY WARM IN COLD WEATHER: You'll be warm and rested in this sleeping bag; Innovative fiber fill, double-layer construction and draft tubes work together to keep the warmth in
This awesome sleeping bag is a popular choice for the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars. The Teton has had us tip our hats for the endless number of thoughtful features it integrated. With dimensions such as 39” by 90”, it can easily fit in two people snugly.
Features of the TETON Sports Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag:
- Great for family camping; easy to attach two sleeping bags together
- It comes with a free compression sack. Say bye-bye to rolling. Simply stuff the sleeping bag into the compression sack and draw the sturdy string to store away
- Comes with a half-circle mummy-style hood to keep the head warm and keeps pillow from sliding away
- Easy access and ventilation
- Has innovative fiberfill and double cotton flannel construction with thermal enhancing to keep warm in very cold weathers
Pros of the TETON Sports Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag:
- All-season camping sleeping bag
- Eliminates cold spot so great for outdoor sleeping
- The soft poly flannel lining
- Has discreet storage pocket to store knick-knacks
Cons of the TETON Sports Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag:
- Not recommended to machine wash as it will degrade its insulation lining.
The best thing to do after a wild adventurous day is to rejuvenate with eight hours of uninterrupted and comfortable sleep. Teton will help you get there with ease. Their customer support is ever so helpful and courteous.
Top Pick #3: The Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100 – MalloMe Sleeping Bag Review
- EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE SLEEPING BAG!! MalloMe sleeping bags are designed to provide much needed rest after a full day of outdoor activities. It is made so that no matter how hard and rough the ground is, your sleeping bag will always be comfortable.
- GREAT FOR ALL SEASONS - These sleeping bags are designed so that it will keep you warm and safe even in near-freezing temperatures. The sleep bags also have a waterproof, weather-resistant design to keep you warm even in wet weather conditions and prevent you from getting damp - this is attained through our double-layer technology, our hexagon shaped fabric, and our S-shaped stitching.
- EASY TO CARRY AND CLEAN! - The MalloMe sleeping bag can easily be wiped clean or machine washed making it versatile and convenient. Each sleeping bag comes with a compression sack with straps, allowing for super convenient storage and easy carry maneuverability
At 4.5 lbs, this super lightweight camping sleeping bag is something that you must have because it is made just about any season!
Features of the MalloMe Sleeping Bag:
- Stays warm in winters and cool in summers; made for all around the year camping
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry around on your shoulders
- Has a waterproof shell that keeps you dry in light showers also
- Suitable for adults as well as kids
- Made of 100% polyester that is skin-friendly and light in weight
- Weather-resistant design
- Double-layer technology that combines with S-shaped stitching to keep warm
- Comes with a compress-suction sack with wide woven strings to fasten
- Roomy design
- Great colors to choose from
- 32 inches wide compared to the closest competition that is only 30 inches wide
- Velcro straps for additional fastening
- Has an opening in the foot for letting feet breathe in a warmer climate
Pros of the MalloMe Sleeping Bag:
- Extremely comfortable
- Machine washable
Cons of the MalloMe Sleeping Bag:
- Nothing to mention
MalloMe is America’s trusted name in the sleeping bag industry. The brilliant customer support team that they have is one more reason why you will want to go back to them again and again! They have a long history of high-quality products and this is just another sleeping bag in their long list of best backpacking sleeping bags under 100 dollars.
Top Pick #4: Best Kids Sleeping Bag – Revalcamp Sleeping Bag Review
- 🎁 HELP GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY - With your support, we donate sleeping bags every month to organizations making a difference in communities around the U.S. We're proud to give back, and are unbelievably thankful to our customers for making it all possible. Check out the video on our listing to see our most recent donation!
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO PACK - these sleeping bags pack down into an ultra compact bag in seconds. There's no need to fold or roll it. Just stuff it into the sturdy carrying bag, pull the straps, and it folds down into a small, light TWO POUND package that will easily fit in any backpack.
- ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE - at 30 x 71 inches, these sleeping bags are incredibly roomy for any adult or child under 6'1. It's easy to get in, get out and turn around to find a comfortable sleeping position. The zipper stays closed, and the plush filling means you'll sleep like a baby.
With this option, you will have so many colors and designs to choose from. We figured this would be a helpful feature for the parents who have particularly picky children. With this Revealcamp all-weather sleeping bag, I am sure everyone will find a great option.
Features of the Revalcamp Sleeping Bag:
- All-weather sleeping bag
- The packaging says 40 degrees but it is comfortable up to 45 degrees.
- Suitable for kids, teens and young adults
- Compact and lightweight at 2 pounds only
- No rolling or folding, the compress, and stuff into the backpack and you are ready to go!
- Perfect for outdoor activities and indoor one too
- Very roomy once it is open
- Comfortably big at 30”x71” and for anyone as tall as 6.1 feet
- Two bags can be attached to form a single large bag
- Machine washable
- Seams are doubly enforced for durability
Pros Revalcamp Sleeping Bag:
- Easy to get in and out
- Zipper is rigorously tested and stays put
- Plush comfy filling
- Colorful and trendy designs
Cons Revalcamp Sleeping Bag:
- No adverse reviews so far
If you would like to sleep like a baby under the night stars, this one is probably the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars for your kids. In addition to their quality, the company has a 100percent money-back guarantee and exchanges are hassle-free. Thumbs up from this backpacker.
Top Pick #5: The Best Cold Weather Sleeping Bag for Backpacking – Farland Sleeping Bag Review
- 1.FEEL THE DIFFERENCE - Farland Super Comfortable Sleeping Bags are designed to ensure that after a tiring day of trekking, hiking, travel or any other exploration you can get a good and relaxing night's sleep.Roll Control Design makes folding quick and easy ,Zip two together for double the room.
- 2.DESIGNED FOR COOL/COLD WEATHER - Our sleeping bags are designed for 20-62℉/-7-17℃. Moreover, these bags also have a waterproof, weather-resistant design to keep you warm even in extreme conditions and prevent you from any dampness - this is achieved through double-filled technology.
- 3.SIZE - Envelope-Shape Sleeping Bag measures 29.5 by 86.6 inches (W x D), Mummy-Shape Sleeping Bag measures 33.5 by 86.6 inches (W x D),and comfortably fits most campers up to five feet, 11 inches tall.
This sleeping bag can be banked upon when you know that the temperature at your camping site is going to dip dangerously low. With it, you will be one happy camper even in sub-zero temperatures. If someone is looking to do more cold weather camping, this is the best sleeping bag under 100 dollars for you.
Features of the Farland Sleeping Bag:
- Can withstand 0 to 20 degrees Celsius
- Comes with compression sack; say bye to folding and rolling exercises
- Lightweight @ only 4 lbs
- Can double up as a beach mat, hammock, and swing
- Has a thick 400GSM filling to keep warm in coldest cold
- Super comfortable and roomy
- Zippers are quality checked
- Two similar bags can be attached to create one large queen-sized mat
Pros of the Farland Sleeping Bag:
- Designed for cold weather
- Envelope-shaped mummy sleeping bag
- Reduces dampness with its double filled technology
- Easy to clean
- Outer is made of 290T Nylon and the inner lining is made with 100% polyester pongee with polyester fiber filling
- Storage pouch inside
Cons of the Farland Sleeping Bag:
- It can accommodate a maximum length of 5 feet and 11 inches only
The product has a money-back guarantee on it that makes for confident purchasing. Customer support is very helpful and responds within 24 hours to facilitate refund/exchange. I haven’t encountered too many people who need to return this though. Farland is a quality option when trying to find the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars.
Top Pick #6: The Best Double Sleeping Bag Under 100 – Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag Review
- SUPER WARM AND COZY: No more chattering under the cold, harsh winds. Stay warm and cozy even when it's 32F~ 50F, this sleeping bag is extremely comfortable and super warm
- STANDS AGAINST THE ELEMENTS: Ohuhu double sleeping bag is crafted with high quality water-resistant 210T polyester, lined with TC fabric and filled with luxurious cotton that works together for cloud-like comfort
- DUAL USAGE: Acts as a giant sleeping bag that fits two happy campers comfortably, and detachable via zippers to become two individual sleeping bags
This is the best sleeping bag under 100 that is designed for a couple or for a family with one young kid. It is both spacious and comfortable so it’s perfect for a nice little snuggle party under the stars. I would strongly recommend this as the best sleeping bag under 100 for anyone looking to share a sleeping bag.
Features of the Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag:
- For two people
- It comes with two pillows and a free carry bag!
- The bags can be detached to become two individual sleeping bags also if you value your privacy
- Best budget sleeping bag
- Keeps super warm and cozy
- Withstands temperature range between 32 F to 50 F
- Filled with luxurious cotton that is light in weight and fluffy
- Giant sleeping bag
Pros of the Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag:
- The outer shell is made of 210T polyester
- Filled with 3D cotton that gives it a cloud-like comfort feel
- Giant sleeping bag
- Neck support pillows
- Designed for a family
- No-fuss rolling before putting in the bag
- Suitable for tall people up to 6.4 feet
- Machine washable.
Cons of the Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag:
- Minor issues, such as overstretching have been reported but the company is very receptive to complaints
The company values its customers so much that it hardly hassles them with questions and queries regarding exchanging. Complaints are addressed within 24 hours of lodging. We don’t think you will be having too many issues with this sleeping bag, we just wanted to help you sleep a little easier. This is a sleeping bag I have used a couple of times and would happily suggest it as the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars.
Top Pick #7: Another Great Double Sleeping Bag – Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag Review
- SUPER WARM AND MOST COMFORTABLE! YOU WILL LOVE THIS SLEEPING BAG! Want to sleep comfortably, anywhere? No need to suffer with a cheap, cold, tight sleeping bag! This quality, portable bag is perfect. Super sturdy and extremely comfortable.
- THIS SUPER SOFT, HUGE, WARM & COMFY SLEEPING BAG FEATURES A LIFETIME WARRANTY! - Economically and practically efficient; With an impressive size of 87" X 59" This sleeping bag sleeps two adults in ample and comfort.
- FOR COLD CLIMATE CONDITIONS [32° Up] PERFECT FOR HIKING, CAMPING, TRAVELING & MORE! No tearing due to tight conditions, No shivering due to heat loss, very convenient to carry. You'll wish you found this years ago, comes with 2 traveling pillows!
Sleeping with your partner is even easier with this double sleeping bag. The Sleepingo Double sleeping bag is a great choice for a couple that is looking for the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars. This fantastic sleeping bag is absolutely recommended for couples or families who have one young child. The benefit of an outdoor adventure on the dynamics of the family is an evergreen subject for researchers and psychologists who cannot stop counting the benefits. Camping with family has a positive impact on the children as well.
Features of the Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag:
- Double sleeping bag measuring Queen XL size
- Very soft and comfortable lining made of tetron and cotton
- Outer shell is made of 210T camping grade polyester
- Comes with two travel pillows
- Waterproof outer shell
- 210 thread weave for reinforced softness and durability
- Not bulky
Pros of the Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag:
- Bags can be separated to become two single sleeping bags
- Huge in size
- Made for 32 to 50 degrees Celsius
- Convenient to fold and carry
- Portable at only 6 pounds each
- Rip resistant cotton lining
Cons of the Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag:
- Comes in a couple of colors only
This sleeping bag has been flying off the shelves for all the good reasons. It is durable and great in all different kinds of seasons. This waterproof sleeping bag is super comfortable and a great pick for the best sleeping bag under 100 dollars.
A Buyer’s Guide For Finding the Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100 Dollars
Camping overnight means that a sleeping bag becomes indispensable. Picking up a sleeping bag that has the right attributes as well as fits in your budget does warrant homework on your part. Not to worry, because we have gone ahead and collated a list for you to check on. This list will be vital for finding the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars for your needs.
- The Sleeping Bags Liner:
The best sleeping bag liner that you can ask for is cotton flannel. It is soft and comfortable in every season. Flannel has this ability to be warm in the cold and cool in the warmer temperatures. Almost all the best warm-weather sleeping bag will feature flannel cotton for its lining. When picking the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars consider what weather you want it for.
Most of the sleeping bags on the market are all-season bags. However, there are special sleeping bags that address specific temperature needs. For instance, a warm-weather sleeping bag will endure higher temperatures and keep the user cool inside with opening at the bottom for free airflow and ventilation.
There are double sleeping bags made for couples and a small family of one young child to facilitate them to sleep in together. However, most sleeping bags have reverse zipper technology that will enable them to join two individual sleeping bags together to form a queen-size sleeping bag.
There are so many sizes and shapes to choose from when trying to find the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars; you’d be literally confused! Choose a size that complies with your height and size. The roomier the better so that you can twist and turn at will instead of feeling snug. A rectangular bag with mummy hood works well in all seasons.
Prefer waterproof, water-resistant material for the outer always. The plusher the material the better it will be so that you can feel soft even on the hardest of grounds. Camping grade nylon and polyester are good choices, to begin with. I think the material is the most important thing to consider when buying the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars.
Waterproof is an important criterion. You don’t want to feel wet in the smallest of drizzles, do you? When finding the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars, make sure it keeps you dry.
- Sleeping Bag size:
This is again an important criterion. You don’t want to lug around a heavy backpack. You will spoil the fun if you tire yourself carrying heavy luggage over your shoulder all day. So, adventures are actual fun but carrying heavy backpacks is meh. If you’re looking for the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars, make sure it is lightweight.
This is a given! You don’t want your sleeping bag to lie around when you are not camping outdoors. A great sleeping bag must be useful indoors also! The best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars would be perfect for any environment.
You wouldn’t want to get this farm only to find that the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars you chose has a bad zipper. All of the ones we recommend have a durable zipper. Make sure that the zippers are quality checked and sturdy. Tack them to gauge their strength and ask for a refund if they look and feel flimsy.
Our Final Verdict on the Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100 Dollars.
Our hope by now is that you are familiar with some of the contenders for the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars. And, we hope that our buying guide will give you enough information to conduct your search. The most important thing when buying the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars is just to make sure it has high-quality materials. You don’t want to buy a cheap sleeping bag and then have to replace it within a few years.
Our top pick for the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollars: The Redcamp Flannel Sleeping Bag